Important PHP7 functions need to know For Professional PHP developer
You have Seen That From last few years PHP has been a favorite server scripting programming language. It have too many advantage in web development based project. PHP is not just an open source language, but offers simple learning curve and useful structure.
If you are fresher you can follow these step
- Pick any framework (my recommendation for fresher ‘CodeIgniter’). I chose Laravel
- Find an online learning platform. I used Laracasts.
- Try out the code samples, play around with things.
- Keep moving.
Here’s what you need to be able to do as a beginner:
- Display something on the screen – “Hello world”
- Retrieve input from the user
- Display that input back to the user
- Connect your app to a database
- Save user input
- Retrieve values from your DB
- Edit values
- Delete a record from the DB.
That’s a huge chunk of most apps. Learn that first, and then you can move onto the rest.
Currently 1518 predefined functions in the PHP global space using the following PHP 7 code:
- $funcs = get_defined_functions();
- error_log( count($funcs[‘internal’]));
However instead of predefined functions languages use predefined classes and PHP is moving in that direction.
Classes can contain one to many functions called methods.
There are now 264 predefined classes using this PHP 7 code.
- error_log( count(get_declared_classes()));
Defined functions are being duplicated, deprecated and obsoleted by built-in classes.
For example in PHP there are many date data functions but PHP since has moved to include a family of classes for handling the common date data problem needs.
Functions and class methods are about processing data. They have optional data input and output.
There are many types of data. On a simple level there is the base data types for PHP
PHP has eight data types:
Each of these has functions or classes that help solve typical problems dealing with them.
Then there are defined data types like a date or time. Again there are functions or classes dealing with them.
You might think about the question as “Important function in PHP7”.
There are following points that you need to know to become Expert PHP Developer.
- Array function
- String function
- Magic function
- Oops concepts
- Date function
- MVC design patterns
- Database design architecture
- Database optimisation
- Proper indexing
- Database engine.
if you are proficient in using these, you should be employable as a PHP developer.
Important PHP7 functions
- var_dump() → super important
String Manipulation / Checking
- Number Manipulation
There are some important array function –
- Reset ()
- Loops (very important)
- do while()
- Data Manipulation
- json_encode() → super important
- json_decode() → super important
- HTTP Related
- cURL → super important
- File Operations
- Time Handling
- Session Handling
- Database Related
- You will also want to become aware with the specific functions created for each framework that may be different. In PHP many framework are present in current time pick a framework wisely…
List of top PHP frameworks
- Yii Frameworks
- Cake PHP
- Fuel PHP
- Typo 3 Flow
- Guzzle PHP
- Akelos PHP Frameworks
- POP PHP
- Simple MVC
- PHP mini
And learn how to use its functions(Function in PHP Framework). However, I still find myself using plain vanilla PHP all the time even though our backend (at work) uses Laravel.
you need to a lot more than just functions, for example, object-oriented programming, data types, and how the front end and back end interact with one another via e.g. ajax.
- Read Also:- SQL INJECTION IN PHP
If you really want to be a expert php developer, then I think instead of remembering the functions I will suggest try some small projects that the way you will get extra information and experience related to just knowing the functionality of the function and you will remember it
Happy coding Bye Bye 🙂